Electrical Vehicle Chargers
Your travel shouldn’t cost the earth
We offer a variety of electric vehicle chargers, all of which are approved under the OLEV EVHS Scheme.
Our electric vehicle chargers provide a simple and affordable solution for charging electric and plug-in hybrid vehicles at home or at work. They are safer and can be up to 3 times faster than using a 3-pin plug.
We cover Kent, London, Surrey and East Sussex and can install your electric vehicle charger in just half a day, and if you have solar panels installed you’ll be able to charge your car for free.
A wide range of chargers that are compatible with all plug-in vehicle brands
I had a electric car charger fitted to the garage and I couldn't have asked for any more from JPS Renewables. Lee and Spence were great to deal with, arriving promptly, doing an excellent job and explaining what they had done when finished. They spared no time in showing me the system and how to use it. When they left, they cleared everything away, taking all rubbish/boxes with them. Stellar job!"
Piers, Customer, June 2022
"Lee from JPS renewable energy was excellent. He communicated clearly prior to arrival and carried out the work swiftly and diligently. Also happy to answer any questions we had. Would definitely use again and recommend. Thanks Lee."
Nik, Customer, May 2022
"From the first contact to the finished job, an attentive service received. The installation team were friendly and informative."
Gavin T McDermid, Customer, March 2022
"JPS installed a charge point at my offices last year, and I was so pleased with the work and the costs that I used them for an additional 2 charge points at my home. The work was excellent, the communication top class throughout and the guys that installed the units were professional and knowledgeable. I would have absolutely no reservations in recommending JPS Renewable Energy for the installation of charge points, both domestic and commercial, they've been a pleasure to deal with."
Ray Davies, Customer, February 2022
Your journey to installation is easy
From your first call, JPS make the process to install your solar panels as simple as possible…
Call to arrange your survey
30 min survey
Installation of your
Electric Vehicle Charger
Contactless EV Charger Survey
To ensure we can safely survey your property we provide a contactless electric vehicle survey for you to complete online.
Give us a call about your car charger. We’ll take your name, telephone number and email address.
You’ll receive a text message inviting you to complete our online survey.
The online survey is a step-by-step questionnaire that will assess your OLEV grant eligibility.
We will need you to take photographs of the specifics that we need to survey including the electrics in your home, preferred location of the charger and your suggested cable route from the charger to the charge point location. There are example images along the way so you’ll know exactly what to take photos of.
Once completed, we will then review the survey and advise if you require any additional work prior to us being able to install a charger. If we are satisfied we are able to install straight away, we will generate a quote which will be sent to you by email to approve.
Once you approve the quote, we will send an application to the DNO directly to install the charger. Once that’s approved, we can go ahead and book in your installation.
Our engineers will then carry out a safe installation, maintaining social distancing measures wherever possible.
3 Year Manufacturers and Installation Warranty
JPS have a dedicated technical support and fault resolution team meaning from the moment your charger is installed, you will benefit from our warranty promise offering you a full 3 years peace of mind
NEW EV Smart Charge
All our Chargers comply with the new Government EV Smart Charge Point Regulations which come into effect from 30th June 2022.
Ensures that EV Charging stations are installed safely and compliantly for creating a world of net-zero transportation.
Standard Installation Information
A standard installation includes the following:
- A contactless online survey. This assesses information about your EV, your home and its electrics, your preferred charge point location and your eligibility for the OLEV grant. An in-person survey can be requested but will be subject to an additional cost.
- Fitting the charger to a brick or plaster wall, or suitable permanent structure.
- Up to 10m of black surface mounted (wall clipped) cable between your consumer unit/electricity meter and the charger, via a clear route. Trunking can be added at an extra cost; please let us know if you want this added to your quote.
- Electrical testing of the system in accordance with BS7671 (Part 18 – IEE wiring regulations) and Part P – Building regulations (Electrical safety).
- Up to 4 hours on site.
Conditions and limitations:
- We cannot run cable under floorboards unless they have been lifted prior to our installer arriving on site. We do not take responsibility for the reinstatement of flooring or any other materials after the cable has been laid.
- If the cable needs to be run underground, groundworks will be required prior to our installer arriving on site. If you feel that this will be required, please note that we will need to conduct a physical survey so that the works can be quoted accordingly.
- We cannot run cable through ducting, ceiling voids or wall voids without a draw cord to pull the cable through.
Anything outside of the standard installation criteria will be quoted accordingly.